2019 Fall Tour
ODMA Fall Tour – Petersburg, VA
Friday-Saturday, November 1-2, 2019
– DATES:Friday-Saturday, 1-2 November 2019
– HOST REGION: Crater Region AACA
– HOST HOTEL: No host hotel has been identified yet, but there are four reasonably priced hotels within a mile of the tour’s starting point. (More info about the hotels is provided below.)
– DETAILS:Come join your fellow AACA and ODMA friends on the ODMA’s 2019 Fall Tour.The Tour is being hosted by the Crater Region on Friday-Saturday, November 1-2, 2019, and we’ll be touring the beautiful Petersburg, Virginia, area.This will be a slow-paced driving tour suitable for most Pre-WWII cars. Newer antique vehicles will be able to easily keep up.
Check-in for the tour be at the Keystone Truck & Tractor Museum (880 W Roslyn Rd, Colonial Heights, VA 23834) in Colonial Heights, VA, onFriday afternoon November 1st and Saturday morning November 2nd. Free trailer parking is available on the museum’s grounds,courtesy of the museum.
No host hotel has been identified yet, but there are four reasonably priced hotels in the Southpark Mall area within a mile of the museum. You can probably obtain better rates for AAA members, military discount, or senior discount than we can obtain for a group rate, so we recommend you make your reservations now and if we’re able to obtain a better group rate you can change your reservation later.
– Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark, (804) 520-0600
– Hampton Inn Petersburg—Southpark Mall, (804) 520-7333
– Holiday Inn Petersburg North—Ft. Lee, (804) 520-5880
– Comfort Suites South Park, (804) 451-1589
On Saturday morning, we will assemble at the Keystone Truck &Tractor Museum to get final instructions and tour directions prior to our planned 9 AM departure. From there, we’ll take a leisurely drive through old town Petersburg to get to the Petersburg National Battlefield Park for another scenic drive. Our first formal stop is at the historic Blandford Cemetery for a 10AM guided tour of the amazing Tiffany stained glass windows in the old church and to see some of the grounds. (Blandford Cemetery dates to the early 18th Century, which the oldest marked grave dated 1702.)
From there, we’ll take our time driving through more sights in old town Petersburg, passing by handsome early 20thCentury-neighborhoods and then onto some rural scenic back roads on our way to the Pamplin Historical Park for a box lunch followed by an inside tour of their extensive interactive Civil War display. After that stop, around 2PM, we’ll convoy back to the Keystone Truck &Tractor Museum for a full tour of its massive museum that was expanded recently. (Hint: it contains much more than just tractors now.) The driving tour will end with a buffet dinner at 5PM in the museum’s restaurant.
So, come join your fellow AACA members for a great tour with a nice variety of interesting things to see in the scenic and historic Petersburg, VA, area. (The tour registration flyer will be posted before the end of August.)